About the job
There are lots of great things about working for an ethical beauty company; the feeling of doing something good for the planet whilst wearing the best colours is a great start, but working at Kester Black means you’re part of a team that loves beauty as much as doing the right thing.
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Digital Marketing (E-commerce) Executive. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the overall purpose of the role is to manage and implement the execution and optimisation of Kester Black’s brand, eCom and digital marketing plans.
- Managing the marketing calendar
- Creation and sending of EDM - campaigns & automations
- Coordinating internal/external PR
- Creation and management of seasonal campaigns
- Crafting and reviewing copy
- Managing and implementing updates to our e-commerce/website
- Crafting and updating content for products, promotions & messaging across our websites
- Overseeing customer support
The primary measure of success is revenue, customer satisfaction & lifetime value.
Mandatory experience: Shopify, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads and Klaviyo (or equivalent).
Our focus as a team
Everyone at Kester Black collaborates internally and with suppliers/partners to ensure a best-in-class shopper experience, that sales targets are met, we have sufficient stock to meet demand, our brand and message is amplified through partners, customer service is top notch, and we continue to lead and differentiate in the market. At its simplest we strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience with great products, brand and service.
- Marketing - Supporting the marketing Director with the development and delivery of the strategic digital marketing plan, and responsible for the end-to-end execution of all marketing plans, campaigns, content creation and customer journey initiatives.
- Campaigns - Managing and maintaining the loyalty, seasonal, product & impact campaign calendar across all channels, collaborating with the marketing and creative services teams to ensure that campaigns and requirements are briefed, created and delivered on time and to budget.
- Performance and Reporting - Regular reporting and analytics across key channels, identify what is working, what can be improved - ensuring these are well communicated, easily interpreted and utilised throughout the business.
- Customer Support - Ensure customer service team members have all the tools and content they need to efficiently and proactively meet customer needs. This includes live chat, internal ticketing systems, clear information in emails and websites. Ensuring service teams are responding to all comments and DMs in a quick and on brand manner.
- Meet online sales targets (revenue, no. customers, repeat purchase, av. order value revenue, customer lifetime value, revenue per email subscriber, advertising ROAS)
- Work closely with the wider brand team to align all partnership and influencer efforts, ensuring that all content is amplified as much as possible
- Always seeking ways the business (and yourself) can improve - valuing feedback, new ideas and constant optimisation
- Experience managing campaigns across multiple email, social, website, PR & digital ads
- E-commerce sales experiences – subscriber signup, nurturing, conversion and optimisation Experience in organic content creation and a knack for on brand, witty copywriting
It would be nice to have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in eCommerce and Digital Marketing within the beauty or consumer products industry
- Experience in Shopify, Google Analytics, Facebook ads manager and Klaviyo (or equivalent)
- Proven ability to improve key eCom metrics
- Experience or knowledge in data analysis and reporting
- Management of partners and suppliers (i.e. developer, PR, creatives, media)
- Proven ability to improve key eCom metrics
- You’re up to date with everything that’s happening in eCom world and know how to apply that knowledge practically
- Experience with beauty, fashion or lifestyle brands preferable
- Exceptional communication skills and management experience
- Problem solving and ideas based on data, insight or strategy
- Creative ideas and solutions to problems big and small
- A positive, get-it-done attitude, and energetic presence
- A good sense of humour
What’s life like at Kester Black?
We’re a small and nimble team focused on learning, optimising and action without sacrificing quality or experience for customers.
Everyone is expected to take responsibility, deliver and raise any concerns or blockers they have. We are high performance in our products and in the way we work.
We work closely together as we’re a small team - spread across a few locations - so collaborate and connect using digital tools. We are fully aware of balance in life, connecting with nature and making time for ourselves, but are fully aware that sometimes we have to work a little bit more - for a major launch or campaign - but we always make up for it with rest.
Learning happens at Kester Black daily, with new strategies, ideas and experience coming from various sources. Once we’ve nailed something and got a rhythm, we’ll be looking for ways to improve or do something completely new - this pushes all of us to learn. If specific training or knowledge is required we will invest in external training or bring in a consultant or coach who can level us up quickly.
Send a short video (max 3 minutes) where you directly talk to us so we can get to know you, why you think beauty needs to be changed and what about Kester Black do you love? Be creative or low-fi, whatever you think helps us get to know you best. (Please include your name and email address in the message so we can clearly connect it to your application, and send it within 4 hrs of applying.)
What’s the deal?
- This role is full-time and based in Melbourne
- We mostly work remote but will cowork regularly at our Melbourne office
- The salary range $70-100k based on expertise and capability you bring
Applications close: 17th November 2021
Please apply using our typeform here: